You could be capable of getting a loan in the Universal Credit if you want to protect an expense that is specific this will be known as a ‘budgeting advance’.
You borrow if you get a budgeting advance, you’ll get reduced Universal Credit payments until you’ve paid off the amount. This may ordinarily be over 12 months.
It is possible to make an application for a budgeting advance to pay for things such as:
- a one-off product – eg replacing a fridge that is broken
- work-related costs – eg buying uniform or tools
- unforeseen costs
- repairs to your residence
- travel costs
- maternity expenses
- funeral expenses
- going expenses or lease deposit
- important items, like garments
If you have requested Universal Credit but have actuallyn’t had your payment that is first yet you will need to get an advance re re payment in place of a budgeting advance.
Whenever a budgeting can be got by you advance
Unless the money is needed by you for work-related expenses, like train tickets to work interviews, you’ll want to have claimed any one of these simple advantages for six months or higher:
- Universal Credit
- means-tested Jobseeker’s Allowance,
- means-tested Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Help
- Pension Credit
You can also have to have made lower than Ј2,600 within the a few months before the job. Continue reading “Finding a Universal Credit cost management advance”